Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Budos Band - DJTees - Vintage Recipes

Entertainment - The Budos Band 
One of my favorite musical acts is Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings.  Soul, funk, fun and beautiful.  They share a record label (Daptone Records) and a guitarist (Thomas Brennick) with the self-described "Afro-soul" band The Budos Band.  I happened upon them while looking for some SJDK merchandise - the merch link on the SJDK page took me to all Daptone Records merchandise.  I saw a sweet t-shirt with a band I'd never heard of, so I youtubed them and found this:


http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+budos+band&aq=f


Who's lucky?  This girl.  If our lives had soundtracks, these guys would compose my score.  I'm so happy to add this band to my life.


Entertainment - Art & Literature - DJTees.com
Art and literature because fashion is art (frivolous or not, it's still art) and because the photography work for the tees is really great.  And entertainment because these t-shirts all have rock stars on them!
I've been purchasing from this site since about 2005.  Just take some time to look around....
My notable purchases:  The Flying Burrito Brothers t-shirt for dad, Stevie Ray Vaughan tee and Clint Eastwood (from High Plains Drifter) tee for husband, classic Elvis from Jailhouse Rock tee for my boy, and future purchase for baby girl - hot pink Debbie-Harry's-face tee.


http://www.djtees.com/tshop/store/index.asp


Art & Literature - Vintage Kitchen Recipes
A new site started by my excellent friend Sallie.  She takes old - like generations old, in some cases - recipes and updates them for our more modern lifestyles. The combination of kitsch, cooking and Sallie's approach to life cannot be beat :)


http://vintagekitchenrecipes.blogspot.com/

More Trivial Pursuits to come - there are as many as a life is long.
Jaymie

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Jaymie is blogging! I miss you.

    If you're looking for tunes check out http://www.officiallyayuppie.com/

    HTLSP! : )

    ReplyDelete