Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Just what the world needs - another blogger!

We are inundated with information and plethoras of opinions regarding it all.  While I'm overwhelmed and annoyed by so much of both, I've still chosen to add my lot to the mix.  I believe I'm doing so because somewhere in all the chaos, I do discover all kinds of cool stuff!  And I feel so strongly about so much of this stuff that I want to pass it all along to the people I enjoy - just in a more concise way than random posts on a facebook news feed.

I realized that the things I love to think/talk/ponder/worry/gripe about resemble the categories of Trivial Pursuit (a game I love and can sometimes win, but is most times a learning experience rather than a victory experience):
Geography (I want to travel and have a manageable obsession with maps)
Entertainment (I have a less than manageable obsession with pop culture)
History (I love history, and since I'm now over 30 I've developed a more than mild interest in politics - aka future history)
Art & Literature (More beautiful entertainment.  I love book nerds and will make as much time in my life as I can to be one)
Science and Nature (Even though I'm surrounded by mathmaticians, engineers and scientists, it's the subject of which I am least knowledgeable, so of course, most fascinated by.  It's all magic to me)
Sports and Leisure (More entertainment!  I'm a fan of sports - but a true fanatic of leisure)

So look for the things I post to fall under one (or more!) of these categories.  I imagine some will be a stretch, but I'll do my best.

Jaymie

No comments:

Post a Comment